Wednesday, March 21, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Wingspan Redux

It's WIP Wednesday again! I'm still working on two larger projects, so I don't have any new WIPs to show. However, everything has grown significantly!

My Wingspan has doubled in size.  I just finished the fourth triangle out of eight.  It's a super simple pattern and the short rows really give it a cool look.


 Ardelise has grown significantly too. I've really been chugging along on this knit and I'm really enjoying it. I'm knitting it up in DK weight yarn, so its taking a bit longer to make progress, but it'll be a great cardigan for the light winters we have down here in Texas.

I'm already worrying about having enough yarn to finish. I bought the yarn on clearance and they had *exactly* enough.  I'm hoping doing 3/4 sleeves will help make sure I have the right amount to finish. Keep your fingers crossed for me!


This week's pet photo is suprisingly not Tippy. Aptly named Fidget was really interested getting in the way of my photos last night. He finally let me take my pictures after he had his own portrait done.


For more WIP Wednesday, make sure to check out Tami's Amis.

19 comments:

  1. Your Wingspan has a lovely colourway, looks beautiful. Love the kitty :-D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Wingspan pattern, and yours is looking beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love the yarn in the Wingspan. And what a cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Wingspan is gorgeous, the colours are really vivid. Lovely cat to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wingspan is beautiful, like the colors you are using. I do hope you have enough yarn for your sweater. Your kitty is adoreable! My Samson likes to be in my pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your shawl is gorgeous, and your cat looks just like our Felix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the striping in the Wingspan! And fingers crossed for enough yarn for your cardigan. I'm betting you'll be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No. No. No!!! I promised myself no more shawls, but I LOVE that pattern! And, it could be warn as a scarf... Hmmmmmmm. Here's hoping you'll have enough yarn for your cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your wingspan is gorgeous!!

    and fidgit is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fidget is so cute!!!!!! And, your shawl looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wingspan looks awesome so far. And I have my fingers firmly crossed that you have enough yarn for Ardelise's sleeves! My cat ALWAYS wants to be in my pictures. She likes to walk right up to the camera and bump it with her nose. Now I take my craft pictures outside so that she can just watch from the doorway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your wingspan is awesome. Those are great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both projects are looking great. I love that cardigan pattern. It will be a wardrobe staple for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wingspan is really neat! It's a very cool pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am totally in awe over WIngspan!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Wingspan is going to look amazing when it's done. It's looks great even now - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors and pattern. I am have some difficulity with starting the 2nd triangle and was hoping you could help me?

    At the end of the 1st triangle the pattern say to knit until there is nowhere to put the traveling marker. I only had 3 stitches left on the needle. I did that. Then in triangle 2 and following triangles it says on Row 1 to S/1p, knit to within 16 stitches of the marker. Which marker is this as in previous step I have no more traveling marker to place? Was I suppose to leave 16 stitches on the needle? The it say in ( ) (for triangle 2 knit to 16 stitches before the end of the row, turn)

    Thanks for your help.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Debbie! So after you finish your first triangle you are going to turn your work and knit all the away across until there are 16 stitches left. You'll place a none moving marker there. (There is 1 moving marker for the short rows and then 8 nonmoving markers.)

      Then on each following triangle, you'll do the same thing, but will be 16 stitches from your previous non moving marker.

      Does this make sense?

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...